So I thought I would start something new, and I am already late! I came across this and thought it would be perfect to share my love of all things nerdy with my lovelies. Each week is a different topic and covers lots of different topics.
So this week is My top 5 favorite games! This is going to be a mixture of tabletop, PC, and console.
- World of Warcraft (PC)- I started playing this game last November and I am totally hooked. I have two max level characters and one sitting on 95 that I just haven't seemed to be able to get to 100. I am mostly an adventurer. Sexy Nerd is the raider, every M,T,andTH! I also really enjoy working toward achievements. My favorite one to date is the Explorer, for this one I had to travel 90% of the WoW world. I was able to see so much that I wouldn't have just doing quests. There really are some beautiful places if you just look for them.
- Heroes of the Storm (PC)- This is a new one and I am just really starting to play it. It is still however in the Beta phase so it will be awhile before it is released to the public. It is like League of Legends set in the Blizzard universe. I played LoL for awhile, but for me I hated having to remember what went best with what character in what situation. In HotS you have a character and they have their abilities you just have to decide what best benefits you and your playing style.
- Catan (Tabletop)- This was the first big girl tabletop game I ever played, and it is still one of my favorites. I think the Star Trek one is cuter than the original, but that is neither here nor there! It is such a great strategy game. I think everyone in my little group has gotten tired of my love for this game, but I really do enjoy it a lot!
- Eldritch Horror (Tabletop)- So this is a really long game. It is set in the Cthulhu Universe, which is my favorite for both games and literature! I have a soft spot for anything Lovecraftian. In the game you are an explorer trying to save the world by closing gates and fighting monsters. It's a long tedious dice rolling game and is not for the faint of heart. Most of the time you lose. My group has never won and we have been playing for over a year now. One day Elder Gods, one day *shakes fist.
- Bioshock Infinite (PS3)- This game is one of my all time favorite console games to date. It's a first person shooter game so if you don't like those types of games this is most likely not for you. The story is amazing and the gameplay is really interesting. There are so many different things you get to do and Elizabeth is awesome. The game is set in the early 1900's and is very steampunkish (it's a floating city in the sky). You play a guy named DeWitt who is trying to save Elizabeth from her captors. The SkyLine is so great in the world. It's a rail system and you have special tools to be able to ride it and switch back and forth between lines, it's a great way of transportation. So much better than running from place to place. I wish I could tell you more, but I really don't want to give away the storyline because that's what makes a game for me!
So that's it for this week. I really enjoyed coming up with these. I never really think about why certain games are my favorites until I try to do something like this!
So Lovelies, do y'all have any favorite games? Share in the comments!